If you are working in a large table or your table contains so many rows and columns, then this feature or function of excel will be helpful for you in many ways. By using this, this function will help you to freeze the columns or rows while others will scroll.
Freeze Top Row
If you want to freeze the top row of your, excel sheet. Follow below, the easy and simple step.
- Click on the View tab, in your Excel’s windows group and simply click on Freeze Panes.
- After clicking on Freeze Panes simply click on Freeze Top Row.
- After this, you can scroll your rest of your data without hiding your top row and this will also appear in dark grey horizontal line to show frozen line.
Unfreeze Top Row
Now, to unfreeze the top row you need to follow the same step till click on Freeze Panes.
- After clicking on Freeze Panes simply click on Unfreeze Panes.
Follow the same steps to freeze columns or unfreeze columns.
Now, let’s see how to freeze cells.
To freeze cells, follow below, the easy and simple steps.
- In very first step, you need to select the cell, for example, I have selected cell C3.
- Then simply follow above steps click on View tab, and in this click on Freeze Panes.
- Then click on Freeze Panes.
- Now, just scroll right and down, result you will see that the row number 3 to the column C is totally frozen. As, you can see in below image.